Thursday, September 18, 2014

Healing



It really has been entirely too long since I last posted about Baylor. The last blog post was not much of an update so this may very well go on for a while! For sake of understanding where we are this September, I will drag you back to where we left off the entry before last - right after giving Baylor antiviral therapy (Vitamin A) in January.

I am going to be very honest with you about her time deep in her PANS episode (beginning of December until mid-January). I handled that month and a half about as poorly as I could have. Despair and darkness completely overwhelmed me and I literally cried more in that time frame than I have total in my entire life. I lost my focus on God’s character and faithfulness and the fear was all consuming. God lovingly gave Stephen the words to explain to me what I was allowing to happen in my spiritual life and what I needed to do about it. Humbling to say the least. I promise this is important to her update just bear with me! So I took my doubt and my brokenness to our forgiving Father and the all-day crying and hopelessness vanished and He restored my soul. I cannot say I passed the test well at all but I learned a lot from it. I may have gotten a D- on that trial but what I learned will not be taken away from me and I will use it for the rest of my life.

Upon my return to entrusting Him fully with Baylor, He brought my attention to a passage in James. Verses 13-15 say, “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.” James is one of my favorite books and I have read it quite a few times but never remembered this. Short term memory is what I am best at, sadly. My first thought after reading this was, “Where are we going to do this?” Stephen and I had not found another church close by we desired to be at and my heart kept tugging at me to mention to him that we should take her to the elders at Grace Chapel. We were not attending at the time but Stephen agreed that we should ask them.

Contacting a church we were not members of much less not attending to ask them if they would pray over our daughter seemed odd. We were involved with Grace until Baylor kept getting sick all of the time and we found it best to keep her out of the childcare. We had been out of the church building for 3 years. I was not sure what Grace would say to my request but as the saying goes, luck would have it (even though I don’t believe in luck I believe God orchestrates), the church was having a healing service the following Tuesday, February 18. The most amazing pastor, Ron, talked with me about our situation and I explained everything to him and he did not have any reluctance in including Baylor in this service.

This was about a month after we had given her Vitamin A, which drastically helped her but did not take away all her visual disturbances/seizures. It lessened it quite a bit but did not eradicate them. I scheduled a neurology appointment because of the seizures but could not get in to Vanderbilt Children’s until early September. Good thing they were not grand mal seizures, as that is an exceptionally long wait. Our doctor saw Baylor in January and believed as we did that those visual disturbances were seizures. Eyes rolling back, eye flutters, long blank stares, involuntary arm and leg movements while this was happening, the works. They never lasted long at all but disturbing to say the least. Back to the service.

We really did not know what to expect except we were following God’s direction and bring our daughter to Him. The pastor I spoke with prayed over Baylor and anointed her with oil. We left that evening and put our girls to bed. The next day when I went to get them up, which rarely happens as they need very little sleep to get their systems going at full tilt, Baylor had thrown up overnight. How strange, my little is really not a puker. She did not seem sick at all the next day. She ate just fine and went about her business. I remembered that I had read that vomiting can be a healing reaction. Could it be she has been healed of something? After a week or so I noticed that I had not noticed any seizures. She was not on any medications at the time as we were on a break for her liver health. I am thinking, “Did He do it? Did He take away her seizures?” Maybe it is too soon to tell. I may not be ready to let this cat out of the bag without tangible proof. I am already looked at like I am a few sheets in the wind crazy so maybe I should wait a bit.

I get that call to remind me of my upcoming appointment with Vanderbilt neurology and I am really thinking we should just skip it. I think she is healed so why bother. Then I thought about the proof for everybody else. The proof would be a clean EEG. Poor baby, we held that girl down and strapped all kinds of wires to her head and made her lie still for an hour. If you know anything about my kids you know they can barely hold still two minutes, much less an hour. She fought like Mike Tyson while hooking her up, but she did a great job of being calm and lying still once she was all hooked up and wrapped like a mummy. That was grace from above for sure.

The next morning I get two calls from Vanderbilt right in a row that I missed. I call them back and leave a message. Finally the phone tag stops and they tell me she has a very clear EEG! No signs of seizures. Here I have some tangible proof that my God, the One True God, heals. How amazing is that?! How beautiful to be shown such mercy and love!

What is also wonderful is this new journey we started in May. I mentioned before that we were considering homeopathy and God just made it clear to Stephen and I that we should go down that road. I had done a very small amount of research in the past on homeopathy and have read a few names from some other warrior parents over a year ago and the one God brought to my mind was Rudi. Without hardly any research but God’s peace we start Heilkunst with a guy with a big reputation out of Canada.

Then I started to look into what we were actually doing. Energetic medicine is the second leading form of medicine used worldwide. What a ride this has been! I am not going to give too many details about it but we are watching it work! 

She has been making some great gains and we are in awe of this new venture. Everything the office sends us we pray over before we give to her. We then sit back and watch her go through the remedies and have her healing reactions (negative physical reactions that are temporary, much like the time she vomited after her anointing except sometimes it is wild behavior or a rash, etc.) and watch her make gains. They suggested I get treated alongside her as this is an energetic form of medicine and we affect each other. We plan to add the rest of the King crew to this healing modality but for now I experience a good bit of what Baylor does.  Ainsley is even getting in on some of the reactions and she is not even being treated! Our experiences are not exact as we are very different people but for me it is really nice to experience some of what she has to go through.  That girl is a trooper.

Baylor is enjoying her dance class, open gymnastics play, afternoon school, most of her therapy sessions, church and outside play. She loves music, trains, dirt, numbers and playing on her iPad. She is an absolute joy and loves her family, especially her sister as she is the only name she will say after her I love you response. Please keep praying for her and us as we help her achieve the best she so deserves. He hears us and answers. We love you all! 

Blessings,
Team Baylor


No comments:

Post a Comment